- Are we delivering competency based training to anaesthesia residents & assessing their professional skills?
- Rational & application of Pulmonary function testing in clinical practice
- Newer drugs in Anaesthesia.
- New Horizons in reversal of NMB.
- Allergy & Anaphylaxsis in the operating room.
IV. PATIENT SAFETY & LIABILITY:
- Ways to improve Patient Safety
- Perioperative Gylcemic Control: Why & How?
- Management of patients with significant SIRS for Anaesthesia & Surgery.
- Anaesthetic Management of patient with Recent CVA – Posted for Surgery.
- Anaesthesia for a patient with Morbid Obesity with SAOS.
- Perioperative Management of Patients with ARDS.
- DVT & Pulmonary Embolism : Newer agents & newer issues in the Perioperative period.
- Perioperative Renal failure : Diagnostics to Management.
VI. Glottic, Sub Glottis & Tracheal Surgery:
- Anaesthesia for Endolaryngeal Surgery .
- Newer concepts in Airway Management.
- Newer Concepts in Supralaryngeal Ventilation.
VII. CURRENT CONCEPTS:
- Current concepts in Anaesthesia for Major Vascular surgery.
- Pre-operative Evaluation
- Optimizing Cardiac Function
- Patient with Leaking or Ruptured Aneurysm
- Fluid Resuscitation in trauma – What?When?How Much?
- Anaesthesia Challenges in Combative Children & Autistic Adolescents.
- Newer trends in Neonatal Anaesthesia in the last three decades.
- Paediatriac trauma care system .
- An overview of Anaesthesia for thoracoscpic surgery in Paediatrics.
- Sedation – Pitfalls in Paediatric Sedation .
IX. NEURO ANAESTHESIA :
- Anaesthesia challenges in intracranial Aneurysm & SA Haemorrhagic Diseases.
- Head Injury update – CPP target in Head Injury.
- Safe & Best Anaesthesia for C-Section in HIV/AIDS patients.
- Management of the Cardiac Parturient & Unanticipated Massive Obstetric Haemorrhage in the O.R.: “Must Know………..
- Labour Analgesia : An Update.
- Rational and Stratergy for treatment of severe & Catastrophic PPH.
XI. ONCO SURGERY
- Peri operative out come in Oncosurgery : Risk Prediction & Anaesthesia for Major Onco Surgeries.
XII. CARDIAC & THORACIC SURGERY:
- Rational choice of inotropic therapies in peri operative period.
- How to identify cardiac arrhythmia & choose correct Treatment.
- Patients with Heart Failure and Pulmonary Hypertension and their Anesthetic Implications .
- Ventricular Assisted Devices : Updates
- Do Coronary Stents protect the Surgical Patients?
- Anaesthesia Management of Patients with Pacemakers for Non Cardiac Surgery.
XIII. ICU / CRITICAL CARE:
- Review of Ventilator Modes & Strategies. What progress have we made?
- Management & Update of OP Poisoning.
- Dexmeditomidine Clinical application from Operative Room to ICU.
- Advances in Enteral & Parenteral Nutrition in ICU.
- Post Resusitation care beyond CPR.
- Management of Pheochromocytoma.
- Evaluation, preoperative & perioperative management of sick thyroid.
XV. REMOTE LOCATION:
- Anaesthesia in Radiation suite, diagnostics procedures in Radiology Suite & Endoscopy Suite.
- Establishment of Pain Clinic in Rural Parts of Karnataka—– Academics to Services
- Anaesthesia for Liver Transplant Special intraoperative challenges and Considerations.
- Anaesthesia for Lung Transplant, Cardiac Transplantation.
XVII. ETHICS & MEDICO – LEGAL:
- Guidelines & Protocols versus individual Judgment: What should we do?
- Informed Consent, a dilemma of ethical & legal Paradigm in Medical Profession.
XVIII. GERIATRIC ANAESTHESIA & ORTHOPAEDICS:
- Anaesthesia for elderly patient scheduled for Emergency Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Anaesthesia Considerations in Major Spine Surgery (SCOLIOSIS).
- The Unstable Cervical Spine & Anaesthesia
- Peri Operative organ protection in elderly patients posted for incidental surgery & an update on ophthalmic regional anaesthesia.
XIX. MISCELLANEOUS TOPICS:
- Enhanced Recovery
XX. PAIN MANAGEMENT & REGIONAL ANAESTHESIA:
- Acute Pain Management.
- What is best for Paediatric Pain & How?
- Interventional Pain Management: A New Specialty on the Horizon.
- Pain & Palliative Care: End of Life Care
- Current concepts of Regional Anaesthesia.
RAJARAJESWARI MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL
I Brain Death
II Symposium on Fluid Management
III Cardiac patient coming for non-cardiac Surgery
IV Pediatrics: Case Discussions
V Pain Management
THEME KISACON 2013
To strive towards better patient outcome and greater satisfaction let us move beyond the argument of regional or general anesthesia and change our approach towards a more global one. Treat the patient as a whole and strive towards better patient care. Like a small child asks on every journey, “are we there yet”, we anesthesiologists on our journey towards excellence, as we create new milestones and achievements ask ourselves , are we there yet? Lets continue our journey towards perfection in the field of anesthesiology to reach greater heights and newer embankments. The 2013 edition of KISACON focuses on reinforcing our quest towards attaining perfection.
We assure you that the conference would be great opportunity to learn new techniques, share and set benchmarks, network with colleagues and peers and have lots and lots of fun.