As a child Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan suffered from Dyslexia. It is a reading disorder amongst children and is hard to detect as well. The Bollywood actor who has worked in over 50 films had issues with reading, spellings, sound of words, number difficulties and more. Irrespective, the actor did battle it out. The information about the suffering from dyslexia in childhood was revealed by none other than Aamir Khan during the release of his movie ‘Taare Zameen Par’.
Dyslexia has nothing to do with mental retardation, lack of intelligence or brain damage. It isn’t a disease as well. It’s just that children with dyslexia find it difficult to read. The simple solution to this is the use of blue or yellow filter glasses in order to help deal with the visual problems.
Here are a few common traits of dyslexia
- Poor self-esteem – Uses compensatory strategies to hide weaknesses. Reading and testing sparks emotions and frustrations.
- Day Dreamer – Day dreams often and seems to lose track of time or get zoned out easily
- Attention deficit – Cannot concentrate and gets distracted easily
- High IQ – Not necessarily does well in academics but high IQ and ability to score well in oral as that against written
- Confused – Reading, writing, letters, spellings and verbal explanations tend to confuse a lot.
- Writing Difficulties – Cannot copy or write properly and holds the pencil in an unusual manner.
- Artist – Should possess talent around sports, music, drama, mechanics, building or engineering.
- Sequence Confusion – A problem with remembering sequence of things
- Word Processing Issues – Problem around seeing differences and similarities between words and letters.
- Foreign language – Difficulty learning foreign language.
The symptoms include inability to ready by kindergarten or first grade but kids with dyslexia find it difficult to grasp even the basics of reading. They are also at a high risk of Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
*Sourced from the Internet