Also known as the silent killer, diabetes can do a lot of damage if you do not manage to understand the early signs of it. Type 2 diabetes is a very common form of diabetes and is a result of lack of exercise and obesity.
Many a times your skin shows you the symptoms and it is preventable if you exercise and maintain normal weight. As per reports around 90% of cases of diabetes are apparently preventable if measures are taken on time. Furthermore, if diabetes type 2 is left untreated then it could also lead to life threatening health complications like heart attack, kidney failure and strokes.
So, why are the warning signs not taken seriously, is one question that haunts many. The reason could be as simple as not taking them as signs but simple health issues that could fade away with time or just taking notice and delaying checkup till it’s forgotten.
Well, let us run down some of the signs that could help you alert around type 2 diabetes.
- Frequent Washroom trips – high blood sugar means kidneys work hard to remove the excess sugar form the blood and hence it is considered to be an alarm for diabetes if one has to frequently wake up to go to pee.
- Frequent urge to drink water – Due to frequent urination, even the urge to drink water increases due to dehydration
- Fatigue – The energy levels of type 2 diabetes people are low due to deficiency of sugar through the blood stream to the body cells.
- Hunger pangs – Due to lack of energy people suffering from type 2 diabetes tend to feel hungry on a constant basis even if they’d have eaten recently enough
- Blurry Vision – At times high sugar could damage vision and result into blurred vision in one or both the eyes
- Yeast Infections – Excess sugar in body could lead to yeast infection. The affected areas could get red, sore or itchy.
- Tingling and Numbness – Due to rise in sugar levels people with this condition could experience tingling and numbess in their hands and feet. Known as neuropathy this condition has chances of worsening with time and hence early intervention is required.
- Skin Darkening – For people suffering from diabetes, dark, velvety and soft patches appear on skin anywhere around the armpits, groin or neck.
Perhaps, its not that difficult to be alarmed if we only pay attention at the signs. Early intervention could help deal with diabetes in a better way and also keep other life threatening conditions at bay.
Just know about Rajarajeswari Medical College and Hospital